Hard drive has to be detected when i start p c

annie35 20:11 08 Sep 03

I just ended a thread called Formatting hard drive using fdisk tool.on suggestion from holly polly and Diemmess. if you read my other thread it will help you understand the continuation of my problem. After formating the hdd and getting everything back to normal. the next day i switched on the pc and it did not detect the hard drive so i got the hard drive error so i restarted the pc and went into setup and used the auto detect to detect the hard drive then saved the changes and restarted the pc. When the pc started up again my graphics driver was away again and i was back to the 16 colours option so i went back onto the internet and downloaded the driver for my grapics again. now everytime i switch the pc of i have to detect my hard drive each time and download my graphics driver all over again. any suggestions on this would be great because i dont know what else to do.

annie35

MAJ 20:23 08 Sep 03

If you have the BIOS set to Auto-Detect the hard drive and that setting has changed after a re-boot,I wonder is your battery running low? It would explain why the BIOS is forgetting about the hard drive, I'm not sure about the graphics card though. How is your clock working, has it lost ant time when you re-boot (next morning for example)?

MAJ 20:24 08 Sep 03

ant = any

graham√ 20:34 08 Sep 03

Did you get the motherboard details with aida 32? There might be a jumper setting which might help the hard drive be detected.

Also in setup, check the boot sequence. Normally it should be 1st, hard drive, 2nd, floppy.

annie35 20:40 08 Sep 03

I will go out to the pc shop tomorrow and get a new battery and see if that fixes my problem but i have not lost any time in the morning when i awitched the pc on.I have been thinking that perhaps the graphics card or the port on my mobo might have a problem is there any way i can check to see if it is the card or the port.

Wobby 20:43 08 Sep 03

Only by trying a different card I'm afraid.

graham√ 20:47 08 Sep 03

A new battery is always a good idea, but if the PC is left connected to the mains when switched off it should not cause your problem.

holly polly 21:06 08 Sep 03

hi annie35 hol pol.. here monitoring the suggestions, seems i might have been on the right track ,will sit back and see what apatains--hol pol...

Diemmess 09:47 09 Sep 03

What comes next?

annie35 13:18 11 Sep 03

sorry for taking so long to come back on. i did get a new battery and its now installed but it is still not detecting the hard drive on start up. The graphics problem has been fixed when i was in replacing the battery i noticed the graphics card was a bit loose so i pushed it back in place and have not had the problem again. so if you have any more suggestions on the hard drive issue i would really like to hear them.

annie35 13:30 11 Sep 03

This has nothing to do with the subject but i need a little advice on another subject i will start a new thread if you think i should. I am getting a laptop of someone and i am going to get a pcmcia /modem for it the laptop only has a floppy drive with it but i will need drivers for the pcmcia card which can be downloaded form my pc but i will need to put the drivers onto floppy but the driver will be 2 big to fit on the 1 floppy how do i get it to span over more than 1 floppy disk. i hope you know what i mean im not very good at explaining things.

annie35

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…