hard drive freeing on startup please help me

ROB.R 10:00 11 Nov 07

the problem is i am running xp and i have norton goback on norton is trying to do a autoback and is freezing at 20%or60% i cant get into windows to do a safe startup i dont know how i have tried to use the advent recovery cd-rom but it wont work i dont know anything about pc,s can anybody help me please

crosstrainer 10:02 11 Nov 07

Tapping the F8 key whilst the machine is sarting up?

This should give you the option of going into safe mode, where you can disable / remove the Norton software.

ROB.R 10:05 11 Nov 07

yes norton is just trying to do a autoback i cant stop it

ROB.R 10:06 11 Nov 07

i keep tapping f8 and nothing happins

ROB.R 10:08 11 Nov 07

i cant stop norton trying to do a autoback please can some one help me

Technotiger 10:42 11 Nov 07

Hold down your on off button for four seconds, this will stop your computer running. Then re-start again and repeatedly press F8 during start-up. This will take you into Safe mode - you should then be able to un-install everything Norton!

Technotiger 10:45 11 Nov 07

PS - if you have not already done so, wait 30 seconds before re-starting your computer.

ROB.R 10:45 11 Nov 07

no sorry it wont do it

Technotiger 10:50 11 Nov 07

What do you mean - won't shut down, or won't start up again?

ROB.R 10:56 11 Nov 07

when i tap f8 all what happins is norton goback starts

ROB.R 10:58 11 Nov 07

if you have not already done so, wait 30 seconds before re-starting your computer. i have done that and tapped the f8 but the all what happins is norton goback starts

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…