HArd drive failing - need to salvage Photoshop

Dalglish2 20:44 13 Jul 08

Hi
I have a suspicion my hard drive is shortly to expire - my Photoshop 6.0 has an installation disk so I can re-install on the new disk.
What I am struggling to find is the source of eBook cover generating scripts that use Photoshop "actions" - if I do not find this out, I will lose forever and have to buy again.
Is there any way to locate the original script author from within Photoshop as I am stuggling to locate the exe file I bought 3 years ago.
Many thanks
Sam

PalaeoBill 20:57 13 Jul 08

In the short term, why not just buy another hard drive and use something like XXCLONE to clone your original.

Dalglish2 21:10 13 Jul 08

Thanks
I did consider this but as it's a laptop I have, I am thinking of replacing the whole kit. Also, if I was to clone and bring to the new laptop, a previous posting advised against this as I could bring malware to the new drive.
Would the scripts be visible in the adobe program folder in the C drive?
Sam

Dalglish2 21:15 13 Jul 08

Would XXCLONE allow you to clone just the program folder or even the adobe sub-folder?

PalaeoBill 21:24 13 Jul 08

No, XXCLONE clones the entire disk. There is a piece of software that will do what I think you want though, it is called PCMOVER and there is a free download available currently.

click here

It will copy the installed Photoshop from your old PC to a new PC including all the registry entries.

woodchip 21:31 13 Jul 08

Best way is buy Acronis True Image Then Image the Drive check the Image for corruption, the Image as to be saved on a External drive. You then put the new drive in and restore the Image, Partition Operating System, and all Software Mail It all goes back in one go

PalaeoBill 22:17 13 Jul 08

We have already established that Sam doesn't want to clone the drive.

woodchip 23:09 13 Jul 08

Yes I noticed he said about Malaware after I posted

DieSse 00:33 14 Jul 08

I still recommend you clone or image/restore the drive. Your prime worry was the drive expiring.

Unless you have good reason to suppose you have some malware which you can't clean off, sort out your main issue first.

Dalglish2 09:19 15 Jul 08

Hi all
thanks for the input ...
I managed to Google a solution which involves saving the Photoshop action scripts found in the program root directory.
All sorted thanks
Sam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…