Hard Drive Failing??

carper 10:54 12 Mar 05

I have submitted a similar question before but have not received a suitable response and am hoping for better luck this time. When I switch on I get a lot of clicking from the hard drive ans eventually a black screen comes up with the message, "Operating system not found" after pressing F8 a number of times it eventually boots as normal. After booting there are no problems on any service. I would like someone to tell me whether the hard drive is failing. Thanks in advance Regards Carper

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:08 12 Mar 05

A new 40Gb HD costs around £30....I would suggest that you buy one this afternoon. Clicking or any odd noises from a HD is never good.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:53 12 Mar 05

Back up everything you need and rplace the HDD as soon as possible.

Your next posting could well be "My PC will not start"

Starfox 11:58 12 Mar 05

As Gandalf and Fruit Bat say,Back up your files and replace your hard drive today.Tommorow may be too late.

Chezdez 12:39 12 Mar 05

one more vote for backing up, and replacing the hard drive

and then go into fault finding on the current drive if you want

mac75 13:40 12 Mar 05

i had a similar problem with my hdd. it turned out to be the wires to the molex power connector were faulty. shut down pc gave the wires a wiggle and that cured it.try that and see if it helps. best of luck.

carper 14:31 12 Mar 05

Thanks all, that confirms my thoughts and I'll get one ordered today Regards Carper

wee eddie 14:44 12 Mar 05

Probably better to leave it running until you have done your system back-up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…