Hard drive deletion

jaunitauk 12:26 29 Aug 03

How do you do it? from bios

sil_ver 12:34 29 Aug 03

Have you actually removed the HDD is it internel or external?

jaunitauk 12:36 29 Aug 03

internal

sil_ver 12:46 29 Aug 03

T'was a two part question ;-)

Paranoid Android 13:15 29 Aug 03

Easiest way is to re-format (you lose all the data).

Use a boot disk, get to a prompt and type format c: and hit enter. Follow the prompts.

This is not strictly secure, but good enough for everyday purposes. If you are selling a disk which had sensitive data on it you may need a more secure wipe. Post back for more info.

Marvin

Paranoid Android 13:16 29 Aug 03

Above assumes C: if the drive you want to erase.

Marvin.

jaunitauk 13:17 29 Aug 03

Where can you get a boot disk from?

Paranoid Android 13:20 29 Aug 03

click here

Marvin

Paranoid Android 13:22 29 Aug 03

I should point out that if the drive in question is NOT the system drive, it can be re-formatted within Windows. Right-click the drive letter in Windows Explorer and select Format...

Marvin

jaunitauk 13:28 29 Aug 03

How could i do it without the use of as disk drive

alcudia 13:58 29 Aug 03

This is the third post that juanitauk has made in as many days. It seems all his problems began when he installed a "dodgy" version of XP which expired. I have been through the process of re-formatting and reinstalling thoroughly as he claimed that he had obtained a legit copy of XP. At the time I wondered what was going on, and this makes me wonder even more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…