Hard drive data recovery.

seedie 12:22 26 Oct 03

seedie 12:32 26 Oct 03

Yesterday's paper has an article about Kroll,an American data recover firm. They quoted a story about a paedophile who heard the police arriving so he threw his laptop into a canal from a window.Kroll were able to recover the data from his HD. Also in the article it's said that the UK army cut their HDs up and then burn the bits(no pun) to keep data secure.

I do believe there is a data recovery module in the States which uses a system called F.R.E.D which will recover most data.

CD

Kegsy 13:06 26 Oct 03

Have heard there are firms in this country which can do this. Apparently they take the hard drive apart and scan each disc separately - an expensive business I guess

Diemmess 13:32 26 Oct 03

Ex-canal was probably Kid's stuff to the recovery men.

There has to be a really good seal around the moving parts where even a smoke particle is said to be enough to fill the gap between the magnetic read/write-head and the disk surface.

Kitz E Kat 13:43 26 Oct 03

click here, i have used this and it's pretty good,you'll be amazed at what you find, it's fun!!!

The only sure way is to smash the thing, you can overwrite with 1's and 0's randomly , and make it pretty safe but not totally safe....

Scary stuff!!!!!!!!

click here, i have used this and it's pretty good,you'll be amazed at what you find, it's fun!!!

The only sure way is to smash the thing, you can overwrite with 1's and 0's randomly , and make it pretty safe but not totally safe....

Scary stuff!!!!!!!!

Scary stuff!!!!!!!!

Kitz E Kat 13:45 26 Oct 03

That was mad it took ages to post that comment, now i know why.......

Is this site gone mad?????

seedie 15:49 26 Oct 03

PCinspector has got me out of a fix a couple of times-would highly recommend it to any person.

Over writing only appers to solve the problem. The professionals can read what was on the disk after it had been over written.Magnetic remanence I think it's called, and total physical destuction of the drive is the most secure solution.

SGT BARNES 16:10 26 Oct 03

i used something called "GETDATABACK" when i accidentally formated the wrong hard drive , and it found stuff i'd deleted the first day i had my pc , NOW THATS SCARY

seedie 16:17 26 Oct 03

Just goes to show sarge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…