hard drive compatibility

My motherboard Biostar M7VKD is compatible with ATA 100.I want to buy a new hard drive which is ATA 133.Will it work ok on my motherboard?
many thanks
mjr

Dorsai 18:24 19 Jul 04

It should work, as the New HDD should be capable of running at the lower transfer speed. I have an ATA100 MOBO, and don't even know off the top of my head wether my HDD are 100 or 133.

I would however make a point or asking this question, ideally in writing, at the time of purchase. That way you can return it if it does not work.

after all you had said 'i wont in to work on a ATA100 MOBO, and you said here it would, and it didn't!'

What drive are ytou looking at?

Dorsai 19:19 19 Jul 04

Just thought though. Isn't the biostar M7VKD an ATA66 MOBO? I thought it was when i had one anyway.

PSF 19:28 19 Jul 04

You will find most hard drives are backward compatible. You will need to check what the size limit is for your OS as there are some limitations with older systems. You can get tools from the manufacturers site to install larger hard drives on older systems. click here= Have a look at this site for some more info.

Thanks for the info guys.The seller says same as you that the HDD should work with the motherboard.Thanks for the links.I`ll check a few of them out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…