Hard drive cloning

Blubottle 21 Sep 11

I need to clone my HDD so I can install a bigger one, I have Acronis True Image Home but that won't work on Windows 7 rather than buy the latest version at some £40 can anyone recommend a decent freebee. regards

scotty 21 Sep 11

When I have upgraded to a larger disc I used the method described here: link

gengiscant 21 Sep 11

This is a great bit of software and in my opinion better than Acronis. Easeus

onthelimit1 21 Sep 11

You will probably be able to use the Seagate tool - I've used it a few times for cloning with no problems here

Peter 21 Sep 11

Blubottle,

If you make a an Acronis True Image Home Bootable Rescue Media, from where ever your Acronis True Image Home is installed, the Boot Disk should work on the Windows 7 machine when you boot from it and allow you to clone the existing hard drive to your new one.

Peter.

Blubottle 21 Sep 11

Hi Peter, thanks for that info. I have spent about 15 mins with the online Acronis advisor and he never told me I could do that!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message