//some 3rd party need geo

Hard drive clicking

tfoxon 13:05 01 Dec 04

Hi Guys,

Problems again. I have a hard drive that is only a few months old. I use it as a secondary drive. The problem is that the drive itself whirls away, but it has started to click. Not only that but the computer can find it.

I have checked the IDE leads and they are fine. Is this drive dead? Is there any hope it can be fixed? Any suggestions (about the hard drive of course)?

Thanks for looking.

xania 13:08 01 Dec 04

Those clicks are probably indicative of a worn bearing. If the drive is only a few months old, I'd say it should still be under warranty and you have a good. Make sure you backup everything and then securely erase all material before sending it back.

Buchan 35 19:53 01 Dec 04

TFOXON,
Put Belarc advisor into your browser and click Go. Have a look about halfway down the page and the state of your hard drive will be given, sorry I don`t have a "click here".

xania 13:02 02 Dec 04

Buchan 35

Haven't come across this one before. There's always more to learn in this game. Is this the one you mean? click here

Jeffers22 13:12 02 Dec 04

That's the one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…