Hard drive backup advice

thewasp 14:15 06 Sep 07

I want to clone my laptop and desktop pc drives. Acronis true image 10 seems to be very good but you can only use it on 1 pc per license so works out a bit expensive. Can anybody recommend any other software or offer any other advice? thanks

if you have got a seagate hard drive or seagate external drive,the segate disc wizard is free and contains a cloning tool that is powered by aconis.
click here

thewasp 14:27 06 Sep 07

That sounds good, my desktop has 2 seagate drives, although the laptop doesn't. would you able to copy the laptop drive via wireless network to the desktop?

not sure about the wireless part,no harm in trying i suppose,as long as you can point the clone image back up destination to the hard drive on the other machine.
You could always put the back up drive in a caddy and do it that way.
also aswell as doing a clone of the hard drives,create the boot disc aswell.

woodchip 14:38 06 Sep 07

It would be a very slow job to do it like that. Best way would be to buy a External USB drive and Image the drive you want onto the USB drive using Acronis True Image

The way woodhip describes is the way i did it.
Seagate ext.drives are good value
click here
ive backed up two desktops and two laptops using the disc wizard tool,pulled me out of the mire last week!

thewasp 14:51 06 Sep 07

I've got a spare Seagate 160gb SATA, could this be put in an enclosure and used via usb?

yes,that should be fine all you need is a sata enclosure(caddy)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now