hard drive allocation

noobtype 13:09 28 Mar 10

I have 2 500gb hard drives, and one is nearly full, the other empty. How do I tell the PC to use the other drive?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:13 28 Mar 10

Move docs
click here

When installing programs do not use the Dfault or express instal instead select Custom and browse to the other drive to install the programs there.

noobtype 21:08 28 Mar 10

Isn't there a straightforward pick your hard drive option? If I let the firdt one max out at 500gb will the second one automatically kick in?

noobtype 21:10 28 Mar 10

What I meant to say is, can I make the second hard drive the default drive?

canarieslover 21:29 28 Mar 10

Do what Fruit Bat /\0/\ says. There is no way that your OS will recognise that your drive is full and use the other drive. There is a danger that you might corrupt your file allocation tables if you completely fill the C: drive and that would give you much greater problems. By moving your Documents folder to D: all the programs that currently save to that location will still do so but on the D: drive.

noobtype 21:42 28 Mar 10

Ok I will - just looks a little daunting for a nooby, messing with the registry. When I bought the pc is was a 1000gb stripe set up, but it crashed badly and I had to re-ghost the whole thing, only failed to get the stripe set up back so now i have these 2 separate drives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…