Hard Drive advice please

Night Scribe 19:23 02 Jan 07

Hi, I'm about to buy a new hard drive to put into a second-hand PC I have just bought. (In order to protect me from unwanted files/images etc as I don't know the history of the PC).

The current drive is a Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 so I am intending buying the same. My problem is, not being very technical, I'm unsure quite which cache size to select. I'm planning to go for 80Gb capacity and am wondering if the smallest cache offered (2Mb) will be sufficient or should I go for the medium cache size (8Mb) - or is there no choice?

I'm planning to use the PC for office, surfing and the odd download (not gaming) if this makes a difference.

Apologies if this is a very basic question but any advice would be appreciated!

brundle 19:29 02 Jan 07

Bigger cache is better/faster but you'll likely not notice any difference in speed considering the uses you have for the machine.

Strawballs 19:31 02 Jan 07

For what you want it for the 2Mb will be fine and do you have the copy of windows with the product key for re-installing the operation system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…