Hard Drive advice.

Throttleup 20:57 26 Apr 10

Hi all,

I need a little bit of advice. I have a 320GB hard drive in my 2007 iMac and long story short I'm down to 67GB of space remaining. I'm looking to move my movies and photos folder over to that as it will save 200GB of space straight away.

The drive is now 3 years old and I'm concerned about hardware failure. I have a Time Machine backup through a Seagate 500GB drive but I'd like to keep that as a backup drive only.

I want to be able to watch/view the media from it - do you think USB would suffice or should I take advantage of FireWire? I realise external drives are mainly USB so in that case would anyone recommend an external enclosure?

I'd probably be looking for a 1TB drive+. I'm feeling a bit lost, anyone got any suggestions for which way to go?

retep888 00:06 27 Apr 10

My iMac works with all USB devices with no problems at all including external HDDs.

External desktop hard drives click here

External portable hard drives click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…