//some 3rd party need geo

hard drive is 80% full. so where is all my data?

rabbitrabbit 10:27 09 Mar 05

i have an extra hard drive installed (it used to by my main hard drive but i have re-installed XP on another HD). it's 80GB capacity. and it says there is only 16GB available space. yet when i open the folder nothing is in there. there are no hidden files, etc. i doubt i have anything important on there, but i just wanna see what it actually is! i'm gonna format it if nobody can come up with a suggestion of how to access these mystery GB's. so...any suggestions?

Diodorus Siculus 10:31 09 Mar 05

What OS?

If xp / 2k:

right click "my computer"

choose properties

choose manage

choose disk management

see what light this shines on things

menorcarob2 11:10 09 Mar 05

i have read that sometimes xp see's maxtor drives wrongly try maxtors web site they have a program that you can download witch cures the problem, i think it is called POWERMAX.

medicine hat 11:17 09 Mar 05

Perhaps its one of those hidden partitions the likes of Time are inclined to use

FelixTCat 12:15 09 Mar 05

Download and run Tree Size click here

It will analyse your drives and tell yo how much space is occupied by each folder.

If it complains about the size of your disk and tells you to use Tree Size Pro, just ignore it and carry on - it works well on big disks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…