Hard Drive

macsteve 20:24 01 Jan 10

My laptop has 51gb free of 137gb drive and 1.61 left from 11.7 in HP recovery D drive.

I dont know what the above means and is this normal and why is there so little space left in the recovery drive.I have started to upload my pics as a RAW files which seem to take up quite a lot of space.

Terry Brown 20:31 01 Jan 10

Te d:' Recovery Drive, is the default operating system, where in emergency you can restore your machine to factory default.

This drive should not be changed (added or taken away)

If you want more hard drive space I suggest a USB drive, that you can use to store any programs you do not need 'On the road'
Terry

canarieslover 20:32 01 Jan 10

The D: drive is the recovery partition that you will need if you ever need to put your laptop back to it's 'as new' state so you should ignore it and not save files to it. Your C: drive is your normal work in hand drive and includes Windows and your installed programs. Space free depends on how many programs are installed and how much data you have. If you are using RAW files for photos then I would suggest that perhaps an external drive may be the best solution for you. This would ensure that you keep enough free space for any future installed programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…