Hard drive

chunky dave 13:33 08 Oct 08

Hi, can anyone help? Was given a Lenovo T60 by a very nice IT man at my company, but had drive has gone.. I don’t know much about computers, but have got as far as getting a second hand one from e-bay(opps)and putting it in. Now just have a blank screen, and don’t know what to do next.. I do not have any install disks for windows etc, so can I download them? See I did warn you that I am very new 2 all this.
Thanks

woodchip 14:15 08 Oct 08

You have to Pay for a Operating System, unless you load Linux. You could downloads a Live Linux CD then create a ISO CD with the Download. This will run from the CD, You can also download and install to Hard Drive these Come with loads of Software like Office Suite Photo Editing and Internet Browser.

You need one that says OS and Desktop at least click here

PO79 14:15 08 Oct 08

You cannot download Windows OS disks, you have to purchase them. You may want to consider any of the free linux distro's.

Pineman100 16:17 08 Oct 08

If you don't want Linux, then your best bet is to buy an OEM disk of Windows XP.

click here

Just remember that this OS is for one computer only. Its copyright dies with that computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced