hard drive

atc 22:03 02 Nov 07

i have a freecom ext hard drive. when i switch on the pc last night the windows start up screen went blue and it displayed message"fat32 deleteing -the name and path of the file." i noticed this after when 5% had been deleted. I which off my ext HD. now when i try to access any ofthe HD files directoires the folders are there but cant get into them. can anyone help even to get some of my files back.

Technotiger 22:14 02 Nov 07

Have you tried sliding a folder from your external drive onto your internal drive, to see if you can access the files from your Internal drive?

Maturin 22:14 02 Nov 07

atc, your problem sounds serious to me. It may be possible to restore some files if you boot into Safe Mode using a boot CD which I hope you have for your system. You do not tell us what OS you are using - this is probably important.

Sorry I cannot be more help at this time. If your files are really important, there are companies who offer to recover data from corrupted hard disc drives (at a cost!)

However, your problem could be overcome if you have a disc image package (eg Paragon on a recent cover disc) or Acronis True Image Home (now v 11.0).

woodchip 22:20 02 Nov 07

Try downloading click here Create a startup disc with it by loading a Floppy and double click the file

atc 20:56 09 Nov 07

thanks to woodchip,maturin and Technotiger. sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner but working all week and no time for the computer. saved about 80% of my files using sliding a folder to my pc hard drive the rest make my hard drive crash. also tried a few disc image or backup programs the hd stops around about 10%. Checked when i bought the hard drive and to my joy its just under year old.taking it back over the weekend to pcworld for a replacment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac