hard drive

ajbeats 10:03 13 Jul 07

hey guys again. right basicall i have a 300gb hard drive that i bought and installed and yet it only would let me create a partition on 125gb worth. i was advised that if i installed windows service pack 2 that i would b able to create a new partition freeing up the remaining space. i did that and it only allowed my to create one at 10gb. because i have 2 hardrives i know i could install windows on the other one format the 300gb one but i would like to if pos not have to wipe anything. is there anything i could do?

cheers

Ambasedor 10:43 13 Jul 07

I had a similar problem and had to get an external box and run it through a usb port. You will get the full 300gb then. Also you will have all your other HDs accessable. The advantage is you can easily disconect for security.

Diemmess 11:40 13 Jul 07

Are you using FAT32 or NTFS format?
I think if you convert your whole system to NTFS the problem will disappear.

Check in Disk Manager for what you have, and read this link click here which may help.

pj123 12:27 13 Jul 07

Download Maxblast 5 from

click here

Create a CD and then set your PC to start from CD. Put the Maxblast 5 CD in and reboot. Follow the prompts.

You don't have to have a Maxtor/Seagate disk. I have used it to setup a 250gb Samsung hard disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…