Hard Drive

richard929 13:58 18 May 06

Hi everyone, i have just installed a second hard drive in my desktop and it works fine, but the reason im making this post is because i would like to know if it is possible to combine the hard drives as 1 so that when i go in the my computer in my windows xp it only shows 1 hd.
thanks

Smiler 14:04 18 May 06

Think you may have to set up a raid system

click here

vinnyT 12:30 19 May 06

Most raid setups, I think, require both drives to be of the same size and speed (the latter is not so important now, as most drives are of the 7200 rpm variety).

Smiler 18:05 19 May 06

Actually they need to be os similar speeds

Quote:-

RAID 0 - Stripe Volumes

The key for setting up a RAID 0 volume is to pick similar, fast, reliable disks and only use the first half of the disks for the RAID 0 volumes. The rest of the disks capacities can be used for non-RAID or Mirror volumes. In general, the more disks used, the faster the reading and writing of the data. The performance of your Stripe volume depends on which buses and disks you use. For more information read RAID Scenarios and Stripe Essentials in the SoftRAID 3 manual

From click here

vinnyT 10:32 20 May 06

Thanks Smiler, I've never seen one setup in that way, but i stand corrected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…