//some 3rd party need geo

hard drive.

zackeriney 16:14 01 Jun 04

i have 2 small had drives 1 is 6.4gb the other is 6.3gb
i have xp pro on the 6.4 gb one and i thought it would be good to add another hard drive due to lack off space i set the jumpers etc but it only detects one of them or dosnt detect any at all. they both work

johnsims 16:38 01 Jun 04

Don't mean to be rude but are you certain the jumper settings are right - Master for your original and slave for the second? Have you checked the HD manufacturer's site for the jumper settings, esp the second drive? You could also try setting both to cable select under XP.
Have you interruped the boot up and checked the second drive is enabled in the bios. Usually press del at the beginning of the oot process - you will get a message.
Another thing to check is that the cable is the right way round - red stripe to pin 1 (some old drives (and cables) did not have the lug and cut out)

zackeriney 16:40 01 Jun 04

yep i done all that last night

Totally-braindead 16:42 01 Jun 04

Alos further to above if your IDE cable has the newer 80 lead cable then the master must go to the end connection and the slave must go to the middle connection

zackeriney 16:45 01 Jun 04

yep i done that as well i dont understand what could be wrong.
they worked on my old pc

Totally-braindead 16:49 01 Jun 04

Try booting from the cd with the win xp disk in it and format the drive you're going to use as a slave and then try it again. Reason I'm suggesting this I'm wondering if your slave is running on Fat32 and your primary is on NTFS, I'm not sure if this would cause a problem but I'm sure someone on the forum would know.

Totally-braindead 16:50 01 Jun 04

Should have said to set the second hard drive that you're going to use as a master temporarily while you format it.

johnsims 16:52 01 Jun 04

Z
are you saying they both worked as master and slave in your old PC?

Totally-braindead 16:58 01 Jun 04

I've just noticed you have 2 other threads open, are all these problems on the same PC?

zackeriney 11:03 03 Jun 04

YEP THE HARD DRIVES WORKED WITH BIGGER ONE AS MASTER AND SMALLER ONE AS SLAVE ON MY OLD PC. I AM GOING TO GET A NEW CASE WITH PSU INCLUDED.
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN GET ONE I AM LOOKING ON EBAY @ THE MOMENT.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…