Hard Disks

  Gaz W 20:43 17 Mar 04

Really silly question about hard disks...

I've got to explain about hard disks to various people, and the problem is I don't know how to say half of the terms myself.

ATA - do I say it how it looks (at-a) or just say the letters (A-T-A).

Also - is there a technical term for the speed at which the magnetic discs spin, i.e. in rpm, other than "rotational speed"?

  SANTOS7 20:55 17 Mar 04

Hey Gaz i hope this helps ATA (advanced technical attachments) reads as A-T-A as for other question i think its just RPM or spinny thing for the less technical

Here's a link click here

  Gaz W 23:15 17 Mar 04

Thanks very much for your help.

For the rpm I'll probably just call it "rotational speed".

Thanks [email protected]@m for the link - it will be very useful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…