Hard Disk upgrade

aitch 14:32 02 May 03

I have a P2-400, 128mb ram and a 17G HDD, on my second computer. I now want to do some video editing. I have another 128mb ram of memory, but am thinking of replacing the HDD with another of about 60-80mb. Any foreseable problems with this as I am also thinikng that I may take off Win98SE and put on WinXP on the new HDD. Any help much appreciated. Regards, Aitch

MAJ 14:39 02 May 03

Make sure the hard drive you get is a fast model, ata100 or 133 7200rpm and *definitely not* an IBM drive. You also might need to update your BIOS to recognise a drive of 60-80GBor buy a PCI-IDE iterface card, or download a utility from the manufacturer's website to allow the BIOS to recognise the new drive's size. 256MB of RAM is the lower limit you'll need, go for 512MB. A faster processor would also be favourite, but that would probably mean a new motherboard as well. It's all money, isn't it, aitch?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…