hard disk space saying 0mb

seanhughes1 23:30 09 Oct 05

hi i recently formatted my 20gb hard drive and when reinstalling windows xp i think i must have accidentaly messed around with the partitions because now when i click on properties on c: in my computer it says file system is raw and i have 0gb used and 0gb free space. i have a 80gb hard drive (d:) and everytime i save something or download it gets saved straight to that drive, can anyone help me as i want to format or get rid of the d: drive all together. also i dont know if it is linked to the same problem but if i have 2 or 3 explorer windows open and i close one they all close. help please thank you
sean

Diodorus Siculus 07:36 10 Oct 05

Right click on my computer

Choose manage

Then diskmanagement

You should be able to format the disk from there

Sharpamatt 08:04 16 Oct 05

If you can see two drive letters ( C/ D ) then its just a simple matter of formating the second one, when you reinstalled XP only the drive it is being placed on is formated. The other drive is their and only requires formating.

Highlight it with the mouse right click, select format, and sit back untill its completed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…