hard disk size

sharpy29 16:45 05 Jan 03
  sharpy29 16:45 05 Jan 03

I installed a new hard disk, upgrading from 40gb to 80gb. All went well, with the system restore disk (factory supplied with ME) running as the boot disk and doing the format (as advised by supplier), and the bios seeing the new drive (the motherboard is less than 2 years old).

However, it showed the new disk capacity as 63GB. I have installed new drivers etc manually (the restore disk doesn't run these witha a new drive) so would rather not go back to square one.

Would Partition Magic help?

Any help appreciated

Earthworm 16:55 05 Jan 03

there is a good chance tyhat your motherboard only reconises HDD up to 63GB's no matter whach HDD you place in your computer. Have you tried visiting thr motherboards web site and downloading a BIOS UPDATE (FLASH UPDATE) . this should probably help, but READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS for the BIOS Update.

Earthworm 16:56 05 Jan 03

there is a good chance tyhat your motherboard only reconises HDD up to 63GB's no matter what size HDD you place in your computer. Have you tried visiting thr motherboards web site and downloading a BIOS UPDATE (FLASH UPDATE) . this should probably help, but READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS for the BIOS Update.

siarad 17:02 05 Jan 03

W98 only formats to 64GB so maybe it's the same with Me. Download free Ranish click here Run it & type A to make a bootable floppy & try using that.

BRYNIT 17:14 05 Jan 03

partition the HD into 2 smaller drives

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…