Hard Disk Problem

fazza 13:50 07 Dec 05

I've re-installed Windows on my C drive after reformatting using my recovery CD. I have a second drive installed D: which contains a backup of all my data. When I look at the D Drive ( Maxtor )now it is showing as Local Disk File System RAW - when I click it is saying that the drive needs formatiing - Please help as this is the only backup of data I have!

absent 14:01 07 Dec 05

Was the D formatted as FAT or NTSC ? and have you reformatted your C drive to?

fazza 14:37 07 Dec 05

Not exactly sure what the format of D was - I think it was NTFS - I used the maxtor MAXBLAST software and it did the formatting automatically. Yes I reformatted C drive as NTFS as part of the re-install of Windows.

fazza 15:02 07 Dec 05

I have just ran a Maxtor utility and it is showing that both drives are NTFS and connected properly. However I can no longer see the second drive!

fazza 15:42 07 Dec 05

Ok - just rebooted my machine after running the Maxtor utility and I can see the second drive now. Thanks.

tims31 00:43 02 Apr 06

I've got the same problem????? I formatted my C drive to NTFS but Maybe my D was to FAT32. Would this cause the problem??? If so how do I get my data back??? Please help

Gandalph 00:53 02 Apr 06

NTFS can read FAT32 format so you should have no problem retrieving your data.

tims31 09:10 02 Apr 06

My d drive is still showing as RAW and says I need to format it when I click on it. Is there any easy way to check how my d drive is formatted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…