hard disk problem

Hi,
Can any one help I have little problem every time I start my computer I get this message: Pri Master Hard Disk: smart status Bad Backup and replace Press F1 to resume.
I have 3 hard disks which use to work perfect now I can see the all 3 hard disks but I can’t access the second one why?
I had this problem before but it fixed it self somehow now I got it again,
Can any one help please its driving me crazy!!
Thank you

pj123 15:01 27 Nov 04

More info needed. What is the spec of your PC? Are your 3 hard disks independent or do you mean 1 hard disk partitioned into 3? How are your hard disks connected? eg. two hard disks on Primary IDE cable as Master and Slave and one hard disk on Secondary IDE as Master? etc....

Dorsai 15:15 27 Nov 04

S.M.A.R.T. -> Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology

The disk has detected internal error's, and is telling you that it is probably about to die.

As you can't now access disk 2, the problem may be that the second drive is dead, and throwing up an error in Disk 1, or disk 1 has an internal electrical problem, that is preventing access to disk 2 (guessing disk 2 on the same IDE cable as disk 1)

Either way, backup your data on disk 1, before doing enything else.

It means what it says 'status Bad, Backup and replace'

IE the disk is bad, backup your data, and replace it.

Hi
3 separate HDD 2 are connected together as master and second as slave, the 3 HDD connected to raid as master drive
I’m running xp pro

Dorsai 15:29 27 Nov 04

Like i said, there is a problem with one of the two disks on the primary IDE cable.

The disk is failing it's own self diagnostic's and telling you this, to give you a chance to backup the data on the disk before it stops working.

It may be a glitch, but it may also be true. Backup first, then it wont matter if the disk dies. If it is not about to die, no harm done, but if you dont backup your stuff, and it does die.......

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:59 27 Nov 04

Smart sends error message as failures build up on disk.

Back up to be on the save side.

Then try a scan and defrag, smart error message may then dissapear as bad sectors are prevented from being written to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…