Hard Disk Partition - Can I Restore?

Legslip 00:27 AM 10 Apr 11

My friends PC has a 80gb HD of which 52gb is partitioned as C: and about 25gb partitioned as E:. E: used to be his Norton Ghost backup sector but quickly filled up. I have installed a second 80gb HD and installed GFI Backup to do the necessary. Is there any way of allocating some of the E:25gb to C:?

Thalmus 07:23 AM 10 Apr 11

What Operating system is he using?

Legslip 09:37 AM 10 Apr 11

XP Home.

robin_x 09:41 AM 10 Apr 11

Shrink E (or delete it entirely if nothing on it now). If you keep it, Move to right hand side of disk map. Resize/Extend C

Windows Disk Management can do it. But I prefer the 3rd party tools. After each operation click Apply to do it.

eg Partition Wizard, EASEUS Partition Manager Home, Paragon Partition Free.

robin_x 09:42 AM 10 Apr 11

Thalmus 09:50 AM 10 Apr 11

In which case you will need to use a third party program to resize the disk. My personal preference is gparted. If you are unfamilar with the software click here for a tutorial

Thalmus 09:56 AM 10 Apr 11

I should note that even though i have never encountered problems using gparted (and i have used it many, many times) resizing partitions is a risky business, ensure you have everything backed up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know