Hard Disk Partition - Can I Restore?

  Legslip 10 Apr 11

My friends PC has a 80gb HD of which 52gb is partitioned as C: and about 25gb partitioned as E:. E: used to be his Norton Ghost backup sector but quickly filled up. I have installed a second 80gb HD and installed GFI Backup to do the necessary. Is there any way of allocating some of the E:25gb to C:?

  Thalmus 10 Apr 11

What Operating system is he using?

  Legslip 10 Apr 11

XP Home.

  robin_x 10 Apr 11

Shrink E (or delete it entirely if nothing on it now). If you keep it, Move to right hand side of disk map. Resize/Extend C

Windows Disk Management can do it. But I prefer the 3rd party tools. After each operation click Apply to do it.

eg Partition Wizard, EASEUS Partition Manager Home, Paragon Partition Free.

  robin_x 10 Apr 11


  Thalmus 10 Apr 11

In which case you will need to use a third party program to resize the disk. My personal preference is gparted. If you are unfamilar with the software click here for a tutorial

  Thalmus 10 Apr 11

I should note that even though i have never encountered problems using gparted (and i have used it many, many times) resizing partitions is a risky business, ensure you have everything backed up


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message