Hard disk partition

ianb1873 19:52 21 Jul 04

I have a 40GB hard disc partitioned into 18gb, 15gb & 7gb.

If I want to get rid of all the partitions how do I do it?

I believe I can use Control Panel, Administrative Tools & Computer Management?

I did try to delete the smaller partition as an experiment thru the above but Windows (XP) shut down "to prevent damage to my PC". When I restarted the smaller partition had gone but the space was "unallocated".

I lost my bottle after that & put it back!

Any help please?

Gongoozler 20:18 21 Jul 04

Is this the disk with your Windows on, or is it a slave drive? If it has your operating system on it, I think the only way to change the partitions is with a third party application such as Partition Magic. click here

ianb1873 20:23 21 Jul 04

It's the main disk with XP on it. At the mo it's partitioned as C, D & E with C being the boot disk and D & E having other files & folders on there.

What I want to have is 1 40GB C Drive.

I thought I could do it thru Computer management but doesn't look like it's as simple as that.

ianb1873 20:38 21 Jul 04

Just further to that, it's saying that D is a "logical drive" but at the top it says they are all partitions?

Curio 22:04 21 Jul 04

May be helpful
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…