Hard Disk not recognized

kr1ss 13:52 04 Jul 07

Hello,

I'm having this problem and its getting on my nerve.

I've got 2 HDDs, 1 WD 80Gb
(the one that is being recognized) and another Maxtor 200Gb (the one that is not being recognized). Both ara SATA.

The problem started when I cleaned my computer and changed the CPU Fan, connected everything back and its only recognizing one of my two HDDs. Even from the BIOS it is only recognizing 1 HDD. What could cause this and how can I fix it?

On my 200Gb I've got everything, including college stuff and assignment which by no means I want to loose :(

Totally-braindead 13:53 04 Jul 07

The leads probably loose, if its anything like my SATA leads they are easy to knock.

A-Nonymous 13:53 04 Jul 07

Most likely.

kr1ss 14:00 04 Jul 07

I swapped the cables but still only 1 worked, probably the hdd is fooked then?

A-Nonymous 14:00 04 Jul 07

Yes probably then.

kr1ss 14:11 04 Jul 07

the HDD seems to be working well, if you put your hands on it, you'll feel that little vibration.

Totally-braindead 14:20 04 Jul 07

When you say you swapped the cables I presume that the original drive was still the one that worked and not the other one. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here but if the second drive works with the cable for the first drive its the cable thats faulty.
You could also try another SATA port if you have one, my motherboard has 4 SATA ports for example.

kr1ss 14:29 04 Jul 07

I am 120% the cable is not faulty, works with the other HDD.

Totally-braindead 14:33 04 Jul 07

Fair enough, could be a bad connection on either hard drive or the motherboard or the drive could have failed. I would try another SATA port if you have one and see what happens.

can you try entering the bios to set autodetect the drive?

kr1ss 14:40 04 Jul 07

it is as autodetect but still nothing :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…