hard disk failure2

oxalando 02:23 20 Nov 07

hard disk failure

hi all out there to well my pc crashed .had to replace processer P4 533hz and a gernic motherbroad.has 512ddram .i tried to install xp professional at least 6 times i reformated the hard drive it installed ok the first time then when i tried to put in usb stick to transfer a file it crashed again sinc then it wont let me install xp pro .i the same problem when trying to install on the second drive what is wrong with the drive what can i do.andy help ungent.

keef66 09:21 20 Nov 07

It could be a memory problem. Google for and download Memtest86, create a bootable floppy or CD, and boot the pc with the disk in the drive. It will test the ram until you tell it to stop. If your ram is defective it will start to report failures pretty quickly

Pamy 15:01 20 Nov 07

If you know the make(s) of your hard drives you can download Diagnostic software to install on a floppy drive and boot from that to check the condition of your drives

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…