Hard Disk Drive Suddenly Unavailable

EUDIS1980 12:54 09 Jan 15

My second hard disk drive went suddenly unavailable, without any prior action on my behalf whatsoever.

The disk is still seen in My Computer as the D: drive; however, its Free/Total space info do not appear anymore and it's a 0 byte disk under Properties. When clicked to open, the "disk needs to be formatted" shows up.

Is there ANY way to get it back to normal without losing or corrupting my files?

Thanks!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:58 09 Jan 15

Try running disk check tools

Right click the drive - properties - tools tab - check disk

EUDIS1980 13:01 09 Jan 15

It says that checking disk isn't possible because Windows cannot access it.

mole1944 13:29 09 Jan 15

switch everything of then unplug and replug the drive two cables back,could just be a dodgy cable. If its a desktop check connections on the motherboard and try another mains supply plug to the drive,also have you tried the drive in another machine.

EUDIS1980 13:34 09 Jan 15

No, Mole, unfortunately i don't have another machine. It is strange though, because i didn't do anything. This drive has been working normally for over 3 years. I didn't touch any cables, bump it, dropped it, expirement with settings or anything. It just disappeared for no reason. However i will try to check the connections right now and get back to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…