Hard Disk Drive keeps disappearing

The Dazza 15:11 24 Apr 05

Does anyone know what could cause a 80Gig hard drive to keep disappearing in windows? I've changed cables etc but nothing i try seems to work. After formatting my hard drive ages ago it reappearded for a bit, but then started to disappear, then come back, then disappear. A friend advised me to install service pack 2 for xp, this didn't solve the problem either. I tried unplugging all of the cables then reconnecting them, after doing so my d drive appeared for a few weeks, but started disappearing again intermittently, now it has disappeared again totally. Before the reformat the e drive was having the same problem as well as the d drive. My e drive is my cd writer. I'm presuming it's only a matter of time before this starts disappearing again. D drive has dissapeared completley now in explorer. Could this mean I have a dodgy mobo? Any solutions?

stalion 15:47 24 Apr 05

download this to check the running temperature of your psu click here

The Dazza 07:42 19 Aug 05

........that's why it didn't recognize the full 80 gig!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…