Hard Disc Upgrade

Lukie Snr 07:44 18 Jun 05

I have just purchased a new 160gb Hard disc and fitted it. Being a novice I was happy to find that I got it to work OK.
But on checking the size of the memory in my computer it shows much lower than 160gb, somthing like 137gb can any body help me to maximise it to the 160gb ??
Lukie Snr

ayrmail 08:05 18 Jun 05

Is your opperating system XP

ayrmail 08:22 18 Jun 05

click here
The first link on the above search gives you the information you need to solve your issue.
If you are using xp you will need sp1 update or sp2 which contains sp1. Then you can use disk wizard to set up the remaining space.
When you have done that you may find that your space dose not add up to 160gb, the reason if you type disk size into the search box you will find the explanation from people who understand it better than I.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:36 18 Jun 05

(start > run > regedit <enter>) and go to the following folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Parameters there add a new key named "EnableBigLba" , type: "REG_DWORD" and "value 1" (excluding the quotes (")) now restart and your windows will see the true size

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…