hard disc space problem help

patso 17:12 19 Mar 06

since i got the broad band in i seem to have lost a lot of hard disc space.i have been using a div x converter prog called video dvd maker and i think it might be storing converted files somewhere on my hard drive.i only have 40 gig so how can i find whats hogging my space.is there any progs to do this,i was down to 7 gig at one stage and found some downloaded films and deleted them.i am back to 15 gig but should have about 25 any kelp.im using xp home and sp2

VoG II 17:13 19 Mar 06

click here may help.

surfmonkey #:@} 17:16 19 Mar 06

have a look in the settings of your video dvd maker it will tell u when it stores saved converted file to

patso 11:58 21 Mar 06

i checked the prog and still cant find files but found a few nero disc images which were large and deleted them is there any progs to show whats on your hd thanks

terryf 12:09 21 Mar 06

Go to Start> search and search for Windows Explorer (if you don't already have it on your desktop). Right click the entry in search for explorer.exe that shold be in c:\windows. Right click on that file name and from the menu select Send to and select 'Desktop (create shortcut)'. This program can be used to look at your hard drive. Click on a folder to see the files within, if they come up as icons, then select the 'Views' icon from the explorer toolbar and select details. This will show you size, when created, etc. If you click on the size (or any) column the details will be sorted ascending order and click again to sort decending order

gudgulf 12:13 21 Mar 06

SequoiaView click here will give you a visual representation of the files on your hard drive.

You will be able to pick out any large files easily.

patso 15:50 21 Mar 06

thanks again lads for the help sorted patso

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009