hard disc space

fstr 11:25 27 Dec 03

My hard disc is becoming full but a rough calculation of programmes etc. I seem to have lost a lot of space presumably temp or backups files is there any way to find out and remove these. I run windowsXP someone said that enabling system recovery uses a fair amount of space any info will be appreciated.

Forum Editor 11:34 27 Dec 03

does use disk space, but it's money well spent so to speak, and I don't recommend that you disable it.

You can ensure that you make the optimum use of disk space by doing the following things regularly:-

1. Start/all programs/accessories/system tools disk cleanup. Run this handy tool to remove unwanted files from your hard drive.

2. Follow the same path to system tools and select defragmenter. Run the defragmenter AFTER doing the disk cleanup. This utility will improve performance rather than save space, but it's worth doing nevertheless.

3. Regularly clear your internet cache in Internet Explorer - go to tools/Internet options and select 'Delete files' from the temporary internet files section.

Try those first, and see if it makes any difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…