Hard Disc Partition

BobOne 16:02 25 Nov 04

I have had to replce my hard disc and I have divided it into 2 partitions, Drive C and E.
The disc is 160GB, C Drive I have made 20Gb and the rest is E Drive.
E Drive is only 108Gb and the rest of the hard disc is showing as Unallocated 21GB.
Is there anyway I can use this Unallocated space, preferably enlarging the E Drive?

Danoh 16:25 25 Nov 04

Are you running XP without SP1 or SP2 installed? If so, you will be limited to around 128Gb of addressabile HDD space.

If you can install the SP2 update to enable your O/S to handle a larger HDD, then you can use XP's Disk Management to make that 21Gb available.

If you have already got data in E: you can create a second partition with the 21Gb which you could use just for data backups or drive imaging.

If you want to just have a larger E: drive, I don't know of any way you can do that without losing your data on the drive. If you have already or can backup that data, then you don't have any worries about deleting E and recreating it via XP's disk management utility.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…