Hard disc file recovery problem

Cameraman 11:57 02 Sep 07

Having replaced a faulty 80GB hard drive from my cousin’s computer I have been trying to recover lost files for him (No he didn’t back them up) using “Media Recovery” but all the 50.000 files recovered are all small 2kish thumbnails not the files in their original form . Is there any software which will recover his lost files or are they lost for ever

Any advice would be much appreciated

martjc 12:03 02 Sep 07

...chance of recovery with this...click here

Cameraman 12:16 02 Sep 07

Many thanks I will try this software

Cameraman 13:04 02 Sep 07

As I can only connect the faulty drive in an external housing though a USB connection to my computer I found I could only access internal drives with this software - help

stylehurst 13:32 02 Sep 07

Have a look at a program called Drive Rescue; not had occasion to use it myself but it might help.
Don't have link to hand so use Google

Cameraman 14:31 02 Sep 07

Thanks. I had already tried Drive Rescue but the same problem , I am beginning to think the only way that might work is to install the drive as a slave and then use (File Recovery) as that program seems to cover more types of file. thanks for the help

rawprawn 14:53 02 Sep 07

Restoration will scan an external drive
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…