//some 3rd party need geo

hard disc failure may be imminent / help please

charlton200 20:08 29 Jan 04

today my computer has started on boot up to display in flashing letters -" back up hard disc, hard disc failure may me imminent,to continue press f1".
any help would be appreciated to tell me if the hard drives is faulty or there is a way around this problem.
i have not been having any difficulty's with the computer up to this problem.

thanks for your time.

If you know the manufacturer go to the website and see if they have diagnostic software available? Download and run it.

bremner 20:21 29 Jan 04

........After you've backed up any thing you can't afford to lose!

charlton200 20:25 29 Jan 04

the manufacture is evesham.
i will go and look at there site.

thank you

no they only put the computer together, its unlikely they made the drive?

How many drives are in your pc

cream. 20:35 29 Jan 04

I think [email protected] means the hard drives manufacture web site. Do you know what hard drive you have? If not download aida32 from click here

This will tell you the make and model of the hard drive. The warning you are getting is because S.M.A.R.T. is enabled in your bios, do not ignore it. It has been know to be wrong, but DO back up immediately.

also how old is the PC, is it still under waranty, most drives have a three year waranty so it may be worth a call to them anyway.

charlton200 20:50 29 Jan 04

i downloaded aida32 unziped it and all it does is flash ,i can not read anything on it.

yes the warrenty is still just valid,
it looks like i shall have to give them a ring.

thanks to you all.

cream. 20:55 29 Jan 04

Did you download the personal system information zip or exe. This is the one you want.

DieSse 23:37 29 Jan 04

When you call them, tell them you have a SMART error - this is where the SMART monitoring facility checks to see that your drive is operating within tolerances.

All drive manufacturers accept SMART errors as proof of a faulty drive - so don't be fobbed off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…