Hard Disc Failing - Best HDD copy program?

Seadog 18:42 06 May 06

I reckon my hard drive is on its way out - the normal "searching" noise (buzzing or WHY) has been getting noisier over the last few weeks and I don't want it to fail and have to re-install over 100Gb of programs and photos onto a new one.
Can anyone recommend a HDD copy program please? I remember one program that was just on a floppy and you connected the new drive in place of the CD/DVD drive then booted from the floppy.........

AndySD 19:06 06 May 06

ave a look on the websites of the Hard Disks you already have some of them have free programs to do this for you.

Gordal 19:24 06 May 06

Many people on this forum will tell you to use Acronis, but personally I have used Symantec's Ghost for many years and would recommend it to you.

ed-0 19:29 06 May 06

As AndySD says, your new hard drive manufactures web site will probably give you free software to clone the old drive to the new drive.

The Best software for this is Acronis. Safe, simple and quick.

Seadog 19:47 06 May 06

Thanks guys, at least I now know where to look!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…