Happy snaps-Which paper for printing please ?

dagbladet 14:53 27 Nov 03

I've just got my first digital camera and a CX3200 printer. For any special pics i'll probably go to boots etc. However i'd like to try printing a few myself. I'm not expecting any great results, I'm aware that my kit is fairly low budget. I'm armed with a bundle of cheap compatible carts, all I need now is paper. Can anybody give me any ideas on paper bearing in mind its just for a bit of fun and i'm the tightest person I know.

recap 14:55 27 Nov 03

Normal A4 paper if money is tight if not, then buy some named photo paper say Kodak.

dagbladet 14:59 27 Nov 03

I assume that glossy look you get on real photos comes from the paper, not the ink ?

Jester2K II 15:03 27 Nov 03

Combination.

Look at click here for loads of paper types.

click here is great for resizing your photos to fit Non-A4 photo sized paper (ie 7 x 5, 6 x 4 etc)

Jester2K II 15:04 27 Nov 03

Someone (possibly Dixons or PC World) used to do a "Selection Pack" of various grades of photo paper to experiment with. Can't find it now!

Ex Cossack 15:16 27 Nov 03

All the paper I use for photo's comes from click here never had a problem and the results are brilliant. They also do a "sample pack" to try before you buy. My compatible ink replacements also come from there.

^wave^ 16:09 27 Nov 03

i have found kodak glossy to be real good remember to set your printer up for the right type of paper and use the highest setting to print photos.

Stuartli 17:36 27 Nov 03

Tesco has some offers on Kodak and other manufacturers' photo paper at present; Aldi also makes the occasional foray into this field at good prices.

As you are tightfisted (so you say) the Tesco offer includes photo paper which can be printed on both sides....:-)

Rogerfredo 18:04 27 Nov 03

Try Photopaper from Aldi when it is available.
This is a bargain and very good too.
I have their matte paper and their heavy glossy paper.- Almost as good as Epson.

Peter 19:11 27 Nov 03

As Ex Cossack writes, Choice do some good papers/cards and can supply a variety pack.

PC World/Dixons keep on doing some special offers on Kodak papers and the 220 gsm glossy card, that I have tried, seems okay.

The best glossy card that I have tried so far is a 260 gsm one from Jessops at £19.99 for 50 sheets.

40p per A4 sheet seems to be the price to expect to pay for a good quality card suitable for photographs.

Peter.

GroupFC 22:39 27 Nov 03

For future reference!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…