Hansol monitor problems

palinka 11:33 04 Nov 06

I've just re-installed my graphics card and the image on my monitor is now pincushion shaped. It's OK top and bottom, but overall it's too wide (eg the start button and the clock are both invisible) and the sides curve in.
I know in principle how to fix this, but the Hansol 710D monitor has no instruction manual and some of the items in its menu seem to have no effect on the problem (eg whatever setting I put "pincushion" to, it remains the same in appearance).
Does anyone have experience of this particular monitor? and can offer advice on settings, please?

palinka 19:27 04 Nov 06

Or is there a web site that will explain how to straighten out the pincushion? It's really irritating.

baldtaco 23:55 04 Nov 06
  johnnyrocker 23:59 04 Nov 06

what about your settings menu on the monitor?

johnny.

palinka 10:24 05 Nov 06

Thank you both. Since I posted there has been progress - of a sort! A smell of burning/melting plastic from the monitor! So probably it's about to expire and I will have to bite the bullet and buy a TFT: I've been thinking about it for months and now have the perfect excuse to take the plunge.

De Marcus™ suggested my CRT was the cause of the problem in my recent thread click here and it looks as if he was right.

palinka 10:27 05 Nov 06

Sorry, "my recent thread" link should have been click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac