Hanns g HG216d

Kingfisher 15:48 PM 22 Jul 11

Can anyone advise me please, I have a Dell Dimension 8300 with 128mb ati radeon 9800 pro graphics card and a17" 1703 fp ultradharp flat panel. The question I would like to ask is: I have been offered a 22" Hanns G HG216D monitor for £50 my existing monitor is connected with white plug not sure if vga or dvix. Can only see vga on the Hanns and hdmi, I do not have hdmi on my aging dimension 8300 but has 2 usb ports on it. do you think its worth upgrading to the 22" Hanns G. many thanks

Terry Brown 16:23 PM 22 Jul 11

The white plus is your Digital output to the monitor and you should also have (on your motherboard?) a blue plug which is the VGA or Analogue plug. That model seems to be discontinued, however you need to take into account the amount of wear and any missing pixels.

If as you say the Hanns does not have a Digital input (white connector), you may have to connect to your VGA output, which would give a poor resolution compared to a digital signal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know