Hang's after 10 seconds?

mosfet 10:26 05 Jul 03

I need your help again.Nine times out of ten,the screen hang's on scanning disk partition'sometimes going into safe mode.It runs great when it does start.A new psu fitted,ram has been put in one at a time (2 in)all connectors re seated.98se p3 2x256ram.I know you can sort this.

Many thanks Les

Diemmess 11:38 05 Jul 03

"Nine times out of ten,the screen hang's on scanning disk partition'sometimes going into safe mode"

Do you mean every time you switch on, or only when you do the scandisk procedure?

If this mishap is less than 5 days old you may be able to cure it with the "scanreg /restore" procedure.

At least this will bring you back into a better place in the Helproom!

mosfet 21:01 05 Jul 03

sorry it isn't clear is it?I mean every startup at the screen scanning disk for virus etc after windows has flashed on.I have restored but it just loads up windows when it feels like it.

hugh-265156 21:08 05 Jul 03
  hugh-265156 21:11 05 Jul 03

or if the above is not what you refer to then try enabling quick power on self test in the bios maybe.

hugh-265156 21:13 05 Jul 03

disregard my above click here i see you have 98se

splork 21:20 05 Jul 03

are you sure its not your anti virus software thats at fault? if its files have been corrupted it'll cause a hang itself. try booting into safe mode....hit f5 or f8 alot during boot (one of the two, not sure which :| ) and select "SAFE MODE with command prompt" from the menu, then try uninstalling your AV software, and reinstalling it when you reboot

mosfet 10:22 06 Jul 03

Thanks both.I read a similiar thread which told the "victim" to disable the p&p in bios,which Iv'e done last night.So far (this morning)I started up ok.If it fails I will do as you say.It might be a day or 2.----- il'e be back

Les

mosfet 22:02 12 Jul 03

It was the AV.thanks ALL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac