Hang up/crash problem

sicknote 11:54 04 Feb 04

Hi
My problem started after i fitted a 100 voyager from BT,I have narrowed the problem down to this,I have epson printer,fuji camera ,epson scanner fitted to my USB ports on a ASUS A7V333,WIN98se which works OK. i then install the usb modem (no prob) and the system freezes and crashes when the modem starts to work on line,If i remove the printer,camera,scanner the modem work fine and No hang ups, i then conect 1 of the above items and it hangs and crashes.
Q1 Is this a VIA KT333 chipset prob??
Q2 voltage ??

Tks

westdudes 12:06 04 Feb 04

too be honest without further tests it could be either i think but i have a hunch its the power from the usb ports...if you could borrow a usb hug...put it into the one you would put you modem into on the computer, then put the usb from the modem into the hub, keep the printer scanner or whatever in the computer's usb port.the hub (try and find one that has its own power supply, not one that takes it from the computer)and see what happens.if the faults gone...it was a power problem, if the fault still there then maybe chipset or you need udated drivers?

let me know :)

sicknote 12:56 04 Feb 04

Hi
I've updated all the necessary drivers,I was like you thinking it was more of a power prob.i know the VIA chipset has had some issues in the past and maybe this was one of them.
Off to try and borrow a hub

westdudes 14:53 04 Feb 04

let me know what happens with a hub..anymore problems im allways happy to help

sicknote 22:26 09 Mar 04

A powered hub cured the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…