Hands up, Who works for Google?

nightporter 11:47 07 Jan 03
  nightporter 11:47 07 Jan 03

Quite a few it would seem judging by the number of times people reply to problems with "Have you tried Google?" Surley people must explored several avenues to try and solve their problems, (including google and other search engines) or is it just me?

northamuk 11:51 07 Jan 03

Most people, it seems, have never heard of Google. Judging by the number of times the answer to questions comes up immediatley in Google, I can only conclude that people are unaware of the facility or, dare one say, just a teeny bit lazy?

powerless 12:01 07 Jan 03

Results x - xx of about 19,100,000. Search took 0.09 seconds

Nighporter did you check google to see who/what google is/was?

click here

click here

Andÿ 12:04 07 Jan 03

Ditto northamuk's reply (saves some typing).

« Ravin » 12:53 07 Jan 03

maybe it isn't that they don't know about google but that they search for the wrong terms due to inexperience?

Patr100 13:00 07 Jan 03

I don't work for Google but it often works for me.
I also agree with northamuk's sentiments.

Sir Radfordin™ 13:03 07 Jan 03

click here for the top result of putting "Who works for Google" into click here

weejobbie 13:05 07 Jan 03

none of my colleagues work for google, but we use google not only for leisure (out of working hour searching) but also for professional and business use, and I would say 9.99 out of 10 we can find positive results within the first page - that does not happen on Yahoo or alta vista.

powerless 13:06 07 Jan 03

I'll never be able to look at another pigeon again without thinking of google.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…