Handheld Portable Hard Drives

amyjen7 12:13 12 Jan 09

I am looking to buy a portable hardrive. As anyone had any experience with these and can come up with a recommendation. The drive will be used to back up my wife's PC which runs Windows XP & mine that as Vista Home Premium. Thank you

Kind regards

sheila.weston 12:24 12 Jan 09

I have had a Seagate drive for about a year. It is nice and solid and there have been no problems, so far. I just attached it to a USB 2 socket and to the supplied power lead and it was ready for action.

I have recently bought a WD Elements 320 giga drive to keep in the safe and use for an occasional complete copy of my data. It worked in a similar way, without problem. I want to eventually use it to make a complete 'disk image' of the HD, WHEN I get a program which does this! This takes up more room on the desk as it won't stand on its side.
Sheila

gazzaho 16:15 12 Jan 09

Iomega Ego drives are pretty good, small (it looks like a hip flask and easily fits in a pocket) and compact reasonably priced and I've had no trouble at all with mine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…