HammerSnipe Ebay tools... Iffy or ok?

Wulfrune 21:07 11 Jun 04

Anyone got any info on HammerSnipe ebay bidding tool. They want you to give them your password and that sounds dodgy to me, however it could be kosher I'm just not sure... anyone had any experiences with this program?
Many thanks.....Wulfrune

wawadave 22:11 11 Jun 04

sounds like a scam to me.
jmho

Wulfrune 22:14 11 Jun 04

here, check it out for yourself: click here

Fred the flour grader 22:21 11 Jun 04

I remember a while back on the Beeb's Watchdog show, the one with that annoying Nicky Campbell bloke. A guy tried to buy a TV and surround system, which was £400 cheaper than in the shop. Only some scammer had "ghosted" in the E-Bay site and it was not even for sale. As a result, he lost £1,600.
I suppose the only lesson is,if you have any doubt whatsoever, don't touch it and you won't get burned

daba 22:31 11 Jun 04

I can't see how this will help anyone bidding on eBay.

eBay is built around the "highest potential bid" scenario, which means the instant the auction closes, the highest bid wins.

Now consider that when you 'bid' on eBay, you are only indicating how much you are prepared to pay up to, and eBay then commences to bid, on your behalf, in the pre-subscribed increments, only if your bid is out-bid by another bidder.

No "sniping" software can beat that system, as the highest bidder is decided after the auction has closed, (that is assuming more than 1 bidder, but then if there is only one, he wouldn't need to snipe anyway).

Think about it, it can't know what others have decided is their maximum bid price !!

Wulfrune 22:41 11 Jun 04

If it's to good to be true... it probably is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…