Halogen Cookers?

spuds 10:38 04 Feb 12
Answered

Apologies for not being a PC question, but is there anyone who uses or have used a Halogen bowl type cooking device. If so can you provide any points to whether this device is a good or bad purchase. In otherwise, does it meet its expectations as to their advertised 'praise'?.

Of the items that I have read, they would appear to cook, boil, stew virtually anything with a 2 to 3 times saving on doing it the conventional way. Taking into consideration that most of these units start with a 1300 watts output, is there a real saving, especially as some of the advertising suggests that you can cook a number of items at the same time (complete dinner)?

Any advice on this subject would be appreciated.

eedcam 11:31 04 Feb 12

yes great for steaks and roasts ther is actually one out now with a stiring paddle built in which in effect makes it an air fryer as well like the actifry As of now PC advisor becomes Practical Cooking advisor

Kevscar1 11:45 04 Feb 12

absolutely great, not only roast and grils but by taking out the rack I have done casseroles. You can also do steaming and I have also dry fried eggs in mine.

spuds 12:15 04 Feb 12
Answer

Thanks guys, that's all I really wanted to hear, unless someone as had a bad experience!.

I have considered purchasing one of these for some time, but was a little concerned about cooking etc, and the possible higher wattage costs.

Will tick as resolved, but please add if necessary. Going to buy one on Monday.

eedcam 12:46 04 Feb 12

Personally go for one with a hinged lid as the heater element is in this and th unhinged you have to lift off and put on a stand they aint all that Light

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple