Halifax Websaver

alexgray104 13:10 01 Sep 05

I have accessed the Halifax websaver before on my computer, but now when I click sign on it says the page has expired. The computer is running Windows XP Home and I have just put on a belkin wireless router. Could this be the problem and how do i fix it? Thanks in advance for your help

Eric10 14:02 01 Sep 05

If you can get the Halifax webpage but have trouble when you click the 'Sign in to Online Banking' link then it is possibly a problem with the settings of the router if you access the Internet through it, especially it has a built-in firewall. When you click the 'sign in' link it takes you to an 'https' secure page so it is probably something to do with the handling of secure pages.

Try to get the secure login page on another bank site such as click here to see if you get the same effect. You won't be able to login to the bank without an account but you should get the login page.

alexgray104 14:13 01 Sep 05

Tried A&L and can get into their sign in page ok. Halifax always used to work before I got the router so I don't think it is aq problem with their site. Thanks for your reply, any other ideas?!

Terry Brown 14:20 01 Sep 05

Halifax have recently upgraded their security system, it could be that you security settings are not high enough to meet this standard. I suggest you contact HALIFAX for advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…