Half size windows

gudda96 10:35 11 Jul 03

Hi There

My problem is that often when I open folders, they only open at half size.

I know I can maximize (X) and I know a better way is to drag the window to full size and when I close it, R/C on taskbar then close.

Taking above points into consideration, I believe that somewhere I have my settings ticked somewhere to make them open at half size.

The reason being, that quite recent files that have been saved, open at half size.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jester2K II 11:28 11 Jul 03

OPen a windows. Change it to the size you want. Then close using the X at the top right to make it remeber the last size you used.

Then you can carry on using the right click on the task bar to close.

gudda96 14:11 11 Jul 03

Jester

i dont follow what you say sorry..

1) If I use X to close, there will not be anything on task bar to close.

2) As I said in my posting, I know how to drag to size, what I want, is to stop the windows opening half size in the first place.

Jester2K II 14:23 11 Jul 03

Yes I know. But to stop them opening half size you have to

1) Open a new window.
2) Resize it to the size you want all future windows to open at.
3) Hit the Red X to close it so it remembers the size.
4) All future windows SHOULD open at the size of the window you closed and then you will be able to use the Right Click, Close option on them in future,

hugh-265156 14:32 11 Jul 03

try control panel/tools/folder options/view and tick remember each folders view settings.

gudda96 17:58 11 Jul 03

Thanks Jester & huggy, will try it next time.

How about this one......My friend cannot see any deleted items going into her recycle bin, they are by-passing it, she has had several tips to no avail so if you can help, I will pass on.

Jester2K II 18:00 11 Jul 03

Right click the recycle bin, select properties and make sure it is on for that drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac